You’ve probably heard whispers about some adventurous trails being developed this spring, I’m here to confirm the whispers. Here are 5 new trails that AnnArbor.com announced this week that will be under construction starting this week:
- Northfield Township. A three-phase project, launching north of Ann Arbor, will eventually connect the elementary school to downtown Whitmore Lake along Baker Road.
- Chelsea. Three new paths will be created to connect path segments that currently exist around downtown and Pierce Lake. This includes a full-circle path around the beautiful lake.
- Dexter. Like Chelsea, Dexter is working to connect smaller bike paths to create 10-mile trail from the high school north through Hudson Mills Metropark.
- Saline to Ann Arbor. Starting at the Saline Recreation Center, this 10ft wide paved trail will cut through Pittsfield Township and stretch all the way to Ellsworth road in Ann Arbor.
- Ypsilanti. As part of the Border-to-Border project, a trail just south of Ford Lake will begin at the Wayne County border and stretch to Lakeside Park. There are plans to eventually connect the path to Lake Erie.
I’ll be excited to try out these new trails, but in the mean time, what are your favorite spots to ride in Downtown Ann Arbor? Across Washtenaw County? State-wide?
Image courtesy of flicker.com.