|2013 Townie Street Party Starting at 5 p.m.!|
Can you believe it's already time for the Art Fair? Signs of it are every where: Jack's Hardware sign; road signs and blockades ready to go out onto the streets; and businesses posting signs announcing that they are closing for the weekend or offering discounts! Literally, there are signs everywhere in Ann Arbor.
Before the beautiful works of art are put on display, the smells of elephant ears and other confectionery delights fill the air, the sidewalk sales, and reacquainting ourselves with the artists, is the 9th annual Townie Street Party! According to The Original Ann Arbor Street Fair,
"...the Townie Party celebrates all things local and is our way of thanking Ann Arbor residents for so graciously hosting the Ann Arbor Art Fair each year. The Townie Party offers a fun-filled evening for the whole family where visitors can enjoy terrific music by some of the area’s most well-known bands; grab a bite of Townie grub; enjoy a brew at the Townie Pub; or take a stroll through the Kids’ Art Fair, which showcases the work of young artists in grades 3 - 8. Community Central features cool things to do in Washtenaw County and the ArtZone offers a chance to explore your artistic side."
- Create hats with Community Day Care Center
- Design a bubble wand with Dr. Susan Gelman’s Conceptual Development Lab at the University of Michigan
- Adorn your pet with tie-dye bandannas made by you with the Humane Society Huron Valley
- Make Jewelry with the Jewish Community Center
- Check out the live animals from the Leslie Science and Nature Center
- Keep your kids motivated to graduate by helping your kids (and MetroParent) with making their own graduation hats
- Try your hand at crafting a tile with Motawi Tileworks. Here you can sculpt a (free) small sample of clay, get it glazed and fired, and shipped back to you within two weeks
- Let The Ann capture your best moments in photos inside their interactive booth
Townie Musical Performances
Hear music from
- Seth & May at 5:30 p.m.
- Dragon Wagon at 6:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.
- The Macpodz at 8:05 - 9:15 p.m.
Details to Enjoy The Fun Among Locals!
There is truly fun for everyone and a great way to get to know other locals. Come out and enjoy!
The Ann Arbor Townie Party Starts tonight: Monday, July 15th!
5:00 p.m. - 9: 30 p.m.
On East Washington (between Thayer and Fletcher) and on Ingalls Mall
To Keep Updated on Local Events
Join our Facebook Page
Follow us on Twitter and on our Blog!