|Hotel Hickman Chuck Wagon BBQ in Dexter, MI|
Who’s the only one with a bounce house for kids? Who’s next to the Hickman Hotel where delicious BBQ and whiskey are sold? Who’s in the main park?
THE PIPERPARTNERS TEAM!
Join us for our first involvement with
Village of Dexter
9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday, August 9th and Saturday, August 10th, 2013!
During these two days, Dexter will host free entertainment and 100 booths with crafts, food, and services from local artists and businesses.
Days or Daze? Both!
According to the Dexter Daze website, the event was originally known as “Sidewalk Days” prior to 1971. Local merchants came out to display their goods on the sidewalks in front of their businesses.
Activities and a new name--Discover Dexter Days-- came the following year and by 1975 the “Dexter Daze” as we know it today emerged.
What to Expect!
Artists such as the infamous Katherine Larson, known for “Ann Arbor and the Rest of the World”, will sign and sell prints for sale $15.00+. Look for Piperpartner Kathlene Costello walking her dog in one of the artist’s prints! Katherine is also the artist who worked on this year’s commemorative art for Dexter Daze--“Dexter in the Mitten”.
Well known Susan Falcone of Ann Arbor will also be present with her watercolor paintings. In addition to these two wonderful artists, there will be plenty of art and handcrafted jewelry from the multitude of local artists.Over at Mill Creek Pond, Trout Unlimited will be on hand to demonstrate trout fishing techniques. The Mill Creek area will also host children activities.
Come by and say hello to us at our Keller Williams Piperpartners Team booth! We will be there to discuss any questions about the home buying or selling process, local neighborhoods, and community news.
Also be sure to visit
Also be sure to visit
- the Scio Church Flyers with their miniature airplane exhibition
- the solar energy truck to explain how to incorporate solar energy in your home
- Silver Maples of Chelsea booth
- Howard Hanna booth
just to name a few!
Added to a great list of entertainment, food, businesses, and art--raffles! Make sure not to miss out on these!
- The Piperpartners Team will raffle a $50 gift certificate to local and much beloved business Hickman Hotel’s Authentic Chuck BBQ Wagon. (Make sure to stop by to get a taste of their BBQ and whiskey while strolling the Daze!)
- The Gordon Hall raffle conducted by the Historical Society will offer first place winner a grand prize of $10,000! Second place is awarded $1,000, followed by third place with $500!
We look forward to seeing you for two fun-filled days of beauty, exhibitions, entertainment, and food right in the heart of Dexter! From Ann Arbor, make sure to take Ann Arbor-Dexter Rd. The fun begins here as this road will be lined with of all kinds of goods!